Countdown clock

Saturday, May 26, 2012

16.5 kg ... yay I can shop!!

Packed bags............ Checked
Checked in Online............ Checked
Printed ESTA............ Checked
Leaving the house in a state that I don't feel guilty....... Check
Finished last quilt........... big fat cross.... oh well big custom and did my best but failed ....

Well in less than 24 hours Verna and I will on that plane jetting our way across the pacific heading for Dallas Airport... lets hope customs is uneventful and we make across to the other side of the terminal for our flight to Chicago...

In the last few years we have mainly cruised including the circumnavigation of the world and I have never had to worry about baggage as we have always left and returned to Sydney.... Suddenly I am faced with having to weigh my bag.... 

Remembering that old philosophy that I  had heard years ago... "place what clothes you are going to pack and money you will take on the bed ".......... " Put away half the clothes and DOUBLE the money "... who am I to argue.....

At the first weigh in my baggage came to only 11 kg... now the allowance is 2 x 23kg...... so I babushka'ed the bags packed an extra dress just in case and whalla... only 16.5kg...  hmm maybe more deoderant is needed...

How will I sleep tonight ...... Garry pass me another glass of wine!!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!!! Have a great trip and rest up on the way for all the going and coming when you get over here. This is Janet, Kaye, Michele and Kim's friend in WV. Looking forward to hearing what is going on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... you are on your way... how exciting ! ! I just returned from my "long weekend" however I only went a couple hundred miles from home ! but now I can catch up on your adventure . I guess that is an international feeling.... trying to leave your house in a state that doesn't make you feel guilty !

    Safe travels !

    Beth

    ReplyDelete