Countdown clock

Monday, May 28, 2012

Up Up and away

It was not long into  the flight that I realise..... yep give me a cruise ship anytime....
15 hours in the same seat was not what I call fun...

Once I made my way down the plane I found my seat, a set if 4 in the middle.....  Like a pair of book ends there I sat with another gentleman, both of us in our aisle seats protecting the seats between us in the hope that no one was sitting there....  Yay we both had a spare seat next to us....

I sat there patiently looking around for someone to bring my sailaway ... oops I mean take off cocktail...but is was all in vain as there was not even a wet handtowel to be seen. I miss my ship...

The inflight entertainment started when the gentleman sitting on the otherside of my row was trying to find the best position he would sleep in..... on went the mask.... undone his shirt buttons which may very well have burst if not relieved from the stress..... arms and legs scrunched up in all sort of positions to enable him to fit within his 2 seat boundary.  Once he dozed off to sleep he looked like I should on leaned over and given his belly a rub just like i would a puppy when they lay down begging infront of you....

There were no dinning room waiters that showed me to my seat placing my napkin in my lap and asking if I had a wonderful day,  Instead it was my flight attendant asking 'chicken or fish' and serving all my 3 courses on one tray....... I miss my ship

One of my favourite onboard channels is the flight plan station where you watch an animation of the plane winging it's way across the pacific....... when I  saw that we were crossing the equator I looked around but alas there was no king nepture walking around no ceremony to be had.... oh I miss my ship!!


Like travelling through time, day turned into night and then back into day again and when we landed it was still Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment